Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Nutella Swirl Banana Bread

While my husband is the traditionalist always enjoying the classic recipes, which don't get me wrong are fabulous.  I still like to venture out and try new things.  I love the combination of chocolate and banana, and I love Nutella, so I thought I would try my hand at making a Nutella Swirl Banana Bread.  I modified my go to Lion House Banana Bread recipe to make this one.  No one in the ate any besides me.  No adventure I tell ya! I shared a few slices with my neighbor, who's family has become my official taste testers, but other than that I got to eat every last bite :)




Nutella Swirl Banana Bread

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large bananas, or 3 small bananas mashed (1 cup)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup Nutella


Preheat oven to 350˚ F.  In a mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  


Stir in the coconut, if desired and set aside.  

 Grease and flour a bread pan and set aside.


In the bowl of an electric mixer or a batter bowl cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar.  


Beat for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.  


Add the mashed bananas, sour cream, milk, cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla, and the lightly beaten eggs.  


Stir on medium until all the liquids are combined and the mixture starts to look curdled.


Add the dry ingredients in two separate additions on the lowest speed.  


Mixing only until all the flour is incorporated.  


Place the Nutella in a small bowl and microwave on 15 second increments until melted and smooth and is easily stirred with a spoon.


Add 1/2 of the batter into the prepared bread pan.  


Spread 1/2 of the Nutella over the batter and swirl in a figure 8 pattern with a knife to give it a marbled look.



  Add the remaining batter and repeat the with the remaining Nutella.  



Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, not including any melted Nutella that may happen to stick! Your kitchen should smell like chocolate banana heaven!


Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.  Then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely or slice and enjoy warm!  



*I highly recommend eating this warm! Who needs to wait anyway? 


My son liked these slices.  He said it looked like the bread was smiling at him!

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...