On the 3rd Day of Bloggy Christmas Miss Heather gave to me White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Cookies!Hello, it's Heather from My Sweet Mission and today I'm bringing you a delicious and pretty recipe for my White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Cookies! I usually make these cookies with the white chocolate chips blended into the dough. But, the other day I thought I would dress them up for the holidays by dipping them in white chocolate and putting a dried cranberry on top - and they turned out great! These holiday cookies are buttery sweet with a little tartness - a perfectly dreamy flavor combination in my cookie world!
12 Days of Bloggy Christmas!
Brought to you by:
Make the cookie dough and shape into small balls using an one (1) ounce cookie scooper.
Place the dough balls on an un-greased nonstick baking sheet about 1" - 1 1/2" apart. Put the cookie sheet in a preheated 360 degrees F oven and bake for 7-9 minutes, or until the cookies are a pale golden color on top. You can actually eat these delicious little cranberry gems right like this, but dipping them in white chocolate takes them over the top!
Carefully melt the white chocolate after the cookies are cooled. Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate and place on wax or parchment paper. While the chocolate is still wet place a dried cranberry on top. Just look at those scrumptious little Christmas cookies all lined up and ready for dessert platters! My original Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies are our son-in-law, Kenny's favorite cookie but he said dipping them in white chocolate makes them even better and he loved them. As a matter of fact, everyone loved them this way!
If you love these cookies make sure you stop by My Sweet Mission and give Heather some love!
White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry CookiesIngredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup ground oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 - 1 pound quality white chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugar and salt. Mix on low speed for about 45 seconds, then medium for an additional 45 seconds.
- Add the eggs & vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then mix on medium for 45 seconds and then on high for another 45 seconds. The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Add the ground oats, the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda and blend on low or stir speed. This will insure the baking powder and baking soda are incorporated well and eliminates sifting. Continuing on low or stir speed, add the remaining flour and blend until the flour is incorporated. Then stir in the chopped dried cranberries.
- Using an one (1) ounce cookie scooper, place the dough on un-greased nonstick baking sheets about 1" - 1 1/2" apart. Place in a preheated 360 degrees F oven and bake for 7-9 minutes, or until the cookies are a pale golden color on top. Cool completely before dipping in chocolate.
- Carefully melt the white chocolate in a microwavable safe bowl, cooking at one (1) minute intervals at 50% power and stirring after each minute.
- Dip each cooled cookie in the melted chocolate, tap the excess off gently and place on wax or parchment paper. While the chocolate is still wet place a dried cranberry on top.
- TIP: For perfect cookies every time, check out my top 10 tips for perfect cookies.
- TIP: Easily chop the dried cranberries with a food processor.
- Note: If you want your cookies a little less sweet, decrease the sugar by 2 tablespoons.
- TIP: When melting the chocolate, check and stir often to avoid burning it.
- Note: Allow the chocolate to set up before storing in an airtight container.