Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

We have been trying to eat a little more green in our diet at my house and my basil plant is doing fantastic! I thought I would try my hand at making my own pesto.  My kids weren't interested but I thought it was so much better than the usual bottled red sauce.  The tomatoes added a fabulous depth of flavor.  Yummo.


Print Recipe

Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

20 fresh basil leaves
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
1 Tbsp olive oil

Wash and dry the basil.  


 Place the basil in the bowl of a blender or food processor.  Add the salt and press a clove of garlic into the bowl.  Add the Parmesan cheese, tomatoes.  


Process the mixture.  


Add the olive oil and process again until a thick paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.  Transfer to a serving bowl.  Place any unused pesto in the refrigerator in an air tight container.


Makes 1/2 cup

This recipe would probably mix better in the food processor doubled but I knew that it wouldn't all get used at my house so I made a smaller batch.

Hope you like it!

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...