Friday, February 15, 2013

Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Glazed Apples

I love apples.  I love them raw, I loved them baked, I love them by themselves, and paired with meat.  I've had the fried apples from The Cracker Barrel and from my favorite Barbecue joint but they are oozing with butter and syrup.  When I make them at home they have all the great flavor without so much of the not so good for you stuff... I like to make these to serve with pork chops or turkey, or even a BBQ sandwich.  Don't bother putting them on the side just spoon them right on top!


Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Glazed Apples

2 medium apples, washed, cored, and sliced
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat a 10" skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.  I usually just slice the apples directly into the pan.  Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and stir.  Cook about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until the apples are soft and each piece is coated with the brown sugar cinnamon.  (Don't leave unattended for an extended period of time, the sugar will burn).  Transfer to a bowl and serve warm.





Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...