Monday, June 10, 2013

Guest Post: Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

Good Morning!

I am so excited to share with you a post from a Guest Blogger! Meet Miss Heather from Notes from the Neslens! She is super sweet person and has an amazing blog.  You'll notice her button over on the left in my sponsors! Yup, she's pretty awesome!  Let's give her a big welcome and check out one of her favorite childhood recipes!

Guest Post: 

Hi friends! I'm Heather, and I blog over at Notes from the Nelsens. I'm an elementary school teacher who loves Jesus, cooking, laughing, coffee, tennis, traveling, book stores, and date nights with my hubby- especially when those date nights involve any or all of the above things.


Like this one- a date-night cooking class at the Viking School.


Or this one that ended at Barnes & Noble.
This is Matt, by they way. :)

We met in high school,



dated through college,



and got married 5 months after we graduating from Furman and Clemson - GO TIGERS!!!


We've been married for 5 1/2 years now and together for almost 12!


I started blogging a little over two years ago when we bought and renovated our first house. We imagined buying a move-in-ready house for our first home but ended up doing quite the opposite... we gutted the entire thing and lived with Matt's parents for 5 months while our house was under construction. You can see the before and after pictures here. It's come a long way since we bought it nearly three years ago, but we still have some to-do list items to tackle.

Apart from house and yard projects, we love to travel. Road trips, plane trips, or a quick one night away, we love getting to see new places and make memories just the two us before we start a family.


One of our favorite trips was a Mediterranean Cruise we went on last summer. You can read about our other travels here.

Apart from traveling, one of my other loves is cooking! Today, I'm going to share a recipe with you that I've been making since I was a kid. If you're interested, you can see all of my other recipes here.

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie:

My mom used to make this for me as a kid. She would always put an extra scoop of peanut butter at the bottom and tell me to make sure I ate the whole thing. She wanted to fatten me up and get me all the protein she could since I was such a picky eater. ;) This is also one of the first things I remember making "all by myself" as a kid, and I've been making it ever since! It's the perfect snack that can really serve as a meal if you need it to. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Ingredients:
1 banana (spotted is the best so it's sweet!)
2T peanut butter
1T honey or agave nectar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk or almond milk
handful of ice cubes

optional: add fresh blueberries, strawberries, and a scoop of greek yogurt for extra protein!

Directions:
Blend and enjoy!


Thanks, Krista, for letting me share a little bit of our world with your readers! And thanks to you for taking the time to get to know us a little bit! I'd love it if you'd stop by our blog and say hello sometime. Here are the other places you can find me:
Facebook
Email: notesftn@gmail.com

Have a wonderful week!

Look for me linking up @ these great Parties!

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...