Thursday, October 10, 2013

Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting

I have never been a big fan of store bought icing and I was so grateful to my Mother-in-Law for showing me how easy it is to make your own.  Since then I have experimented with several different kinds of frosting and I made this one to complement my Pumpkin cupcakes.  It is the perfect addition to the wonderful spicy flavors of fall!  Tell me what you think :)




Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp milk

In a mixing bowl add the butter, cream cheese and 1 cup of powdered sugar.  


 Beat with an electric mixer until blended.  Add in the brown sugar, another cup of powdered sugar, the vanilla extract, and 1-2 Tbsp of milk.  


Beat with the mixer until well blended.  Add another cup of powdered sugar and beat.  Then repeat with the remaining sugar.  Beat an additional minute until the frosting is fluffy and all of the sugar is incorporated.

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...