Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lion House Banana Bread

I have tried and made many different Banana breads and I always seem to come back to this recipe.  My husband gets irritated when I make a different one because, "Why try something new when you have a recipe that works?" So, to use up some very ripe bananas I had sitting on my counter I pulled out this classic and baked for him.


Lion House Banana Bread

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (2 large, or 3 small)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, chopped finely (optional)

Preheat oven to 350˚ F.  In the bowl of an electric mixer or a batter bowl cream the margarine, and sugar.


 Beat for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.  


Add the eggs and beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.  


Add the mashed bananas (I run mine through my ninja food processor), milk, and lemon juice.  



Stir on medium until all the liquids are combined and the mixture starts to look curdled.


In a mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  



Grease and flour a bread pan and set aside.


Add the dry ingredients in two separate additions on the lowest speed.  


Mixing only until all the flour is incorporated.  


Fold in the nuts if desired.



Add the batter into the prepared bread pan.  


Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.


Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.


Then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely or slice immediately.  


I love this warm with butter or cold with cream cheese!


Makes 1 loaf
http://ahandfulofeverything.blogspot.com/2013/10/lion-house-banana-bread.html

*This is a Recipe from the Lion House Cookbook

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...