Saturday, February 2, 2013

Blue and Green Little Boy Receiving Blanket


It seems like everyone in my extended family is having baby boys!  Since I have two of my own I am excited for them.  This is a receiving blanket I made to give as a gift for one of those baby boys that is due later this spring.

I used 2 yards of coordinating snuggle fabric, no batting.  The backing spread out right side down and the pattern was spread out right side up.  I pinned the fabrics in place, and then stitched in the ditch along the pattern.  I did do some extra stitching around the border about 1/8th of an inch inside the outside border just for extra stability.  I left a 3/4 inch border around the outside and snipped little tabs for the borders.  Once it gets washed a few times they will start to curl and look fun.


Not too heavy for the summer and a good size for tummy time, to throw over a car seat, or to swaddle with.





Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...