Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thai Sweet and Sour Sauce

I love a good sweet and sour sauce but it seems like they are always so heavy.  I adapted this from a recipe I found on All Recipes a while back and I don't have the name of the person who posted it I'm sorry, but it is a keeper!

Thai Sweet and Sour Sauce

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
1 tsp fresh ginger (1/4 tsp ground ginger)
1 clove garlic pressed
1 tsp hot pepper flakes (this is pretty spicy if you like it mild start with 1/4 tsp and work your way up)
1 tsp ketchup
1 tsp corn starch

Reserve 1 Tbsp of cold water and mix in the corn starch to make a slurry.

Pour the water and vinegar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Add the sugar, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes, and ketchup.  Simmer 5 minutes.  Stir in cornstarch heat for another minute or so then remove from the heat.


Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...