Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad Sandwich

After so two turkeys within a month I was trying to come up with more unique ways to use up the leftover turkey besides turkey roll sandwiches.  Don't get me wrong nothing is better than left over turkey and rolls but after awhile you want to change it up a little.  I am a fan of chicken salad so I thought I would come up with something with the turkey.


 Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad Sandwich
2 Tbsp chopped pecans
2 Tbsp leftover chunky cranberry relish or 2 Tbsp chopped dried cranberries
1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried
3 Tbsp or more to taste mayo (I used miracle whip because I like the tang)
1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 Tbsp honey
1/2 celery rib chopped
1 1/2-2 cups chopped or shredded turkey

Mix turkey, celery, pecans, and cranberries in a bowl.  In a separate bowl mix mayo, mustard, honey, and thyme.  Stir until incorporated.  Add to the turkey and mix until combined.

I used leftover cranberry relish so it turned the salad a little pink, I didn't mind, it was kind of festive.

I also added lettuce and a slice of provolone cheese, served on Toasted honey wheat bread.


Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...