Wednesday, November 7, 2012

September Book Club

When I lived in Tucson I had a great group of ladies that got together once a month outside of our playgroups and normal Mommy playdates for a chance to get together minus kids and have fun and adult conversation.  After moving to Virginia this was something that I missed terribly.  After over two years I have finally got one started again! Thank you my wonderful Grace friends for making this dream a reality!

The first book we read was in September and my choice was:
Enclave by Ann Aguirre

This was a quick and easy read.  Some of the situations posed were interesting to contemplate.  It made you wonder about the role of current government and media/propoganda... We had an interesting discussion about society after reading this book.  Some books can get really graphic but this is a book I think did a good job of getting across the main idea without crossing the line into the unnecessarily graphic details and I would have no problem recommending to Teenage readers.  It was not a real in depth detailed book but I liked it enough to want to finish the series.  I did also like that the author did research before writing the story and remained true to her findings in the situations posed throughout the book.

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...