Shrimp Sweet and Sour Stir Fry
- 1 bag medium (41-60 piece) frozen shrimp because that is what I had on hand, definitely use fresh if you have it, thawed
- Cooked Rice (Or cook while you are preparing)
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- 1 summer squash, cut in half and sliced
- 1/2 onion, peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 1/2-1 green or red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 or 4 mushrooms, I remove the stems and slice
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice
- 1 recipe Thai Sweet and Sour Sauce
Prepare the vegetables and the sauce. Bring a wok to heat drizzle with a little oil add onion and peppers, garlic and ginger and stir for a few minutes. Add the remaining vegetables salt and pepper to taste and stir fry until the vegetables until crisp tender. Remove to a serving dish.
Add a little more oil to the wok add the shrimp. Season with a little salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice. They are already cooked so you just need to heat them up it should only take about 3 minutes or so. You can add the sauce to the shrimp now to glaze really quick before removing to a bowl or serve on the side.
Plate with rice, the vegetables and shrimp drizzled with the sauce all over.