I love collecting quotes that I like. I often don't know what I am going to do with them, but this one I thought would look cute with my Americana decor in my house. So I found a piece of Muslin and went to work.
I started with a large piece of Muslin about 14x11. With a pencil I wrote the words and drew the outline of the picture. I have a cute trio of stars made of wood that I really like so I drew a trio of stars in the center then I added a few flourishes to give it a more finished look.
I used a burgundy color for the words, the flourishes and the medium star, navy blue for the large star, and a light gold color for the small star. I back-stitched along my traced lettering and pattern. Tying off all the ends.
Then I trimmed the muslin to an 11 x 7" piece. I cut 2 2 x 11" pieces of dark blue fabric and 2 2 x 11" pieces of tan and red star fabric. The back of the pillow was a piece of fabric cut to 15 x 11".
I sewed the star fabric to the top and bottom of the muslin. Then I sewed the two sides of dark blue on. I pinned the backing to the front, right sides touching and sewed around the perimeter leaving a 2-3" hole at the bottom. I flipped the pillow right side out, pushing the corners out with a pencil, then I filled with batting. I used a blind stich to close the hole.
- I am the Mom of two boys and the owner and creator of Evolve (March 2017). I am passionate about development, motivation, and change. I am dedicated and hard-working so that I can provide for my family. My goal in life is to share my talents with others, help others reach their potential, and to be a positive influence to those around me
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2014 (100)
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Garlic Asparagus
- Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Anthem by Ayn Rand
- Single Rise Bread Sticks
- Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites
- Cherry Limeaid Cupcakes
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Couch Pillow
- Beautiful Redemtion
- Banana, Apple, and Orange Muffins
- Quilt Size Reference Chart
- Creamy White, Pink, and Brown Puffy Baby Girl Blan...
- Terrifically Easy Turkey Meatball Sub
- January Book Club: The Casual Vacancy
- Bread-Maker Burger Buns
- Cherry Coca Cola Cupcakes
- Arroz Con Pollo
- Shrimp Pasta
- Boy's Blue Twin Size Military Camo Quilt
- Baked Chicken
- Roast Butternut Squash
- Easy Gravy
- Cornmeal Rolls
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Praline Sweet Potato Bake
- Blue Butterfly Baby Quilt
- Flat Pancakes
- Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad Sandwich
- Peach Puffed Pancake
- Favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Energy Bites
- ▼ January (32)