Who wants the easiest side dish in the world? That would be me!
Roast Butternut Squash
1 Butternut squash
Salt and pepper
Cut, seed, peel, and chop the squash into 1 inch cubes.
The easiest way I have found to do it is to use a chef's knife to cut the squash in half. Use a large spoon to scoop out the seeds. Then cut off the two ends of the squash on each half, and cut the neck right where it starts to curve. Stand the section on the flat surface you have cut and use your knife to cut off the peel in long strips following the shape of the squash. Then chop it into 3 or 4 long sections, then cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces.
Use a stone or cover a baking sheet with foil. Dump the squash onto the pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Use a spoon or your hands and toss it all together.
Bake in a preheated 425 F oven for about 35-40 minutes until can be pricked easily with a fork and melts in your mouth.
That was easy huh? Especially when you are making Baked chicken that cooks for 45 minutes. They just sit in there together all happy like and come out together ready to go.
- I am the Mom of two boys and the owner and creator of Evolve (March 2017). I am passionate about development, motivation, and change. I am dedicated and hard-working so that I can provide for my family. My goal in life is to share my talents with others, help others reach their potential, and to be a positive influence to those around me
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2014 (100)
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Garlic Asparagus
- Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Anthem by Ayn Rand
- Single Rise Bread Sticks
- Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites
- Cherry Limeaid Cupcakes
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Couch Pillow
- Beautiful Redemtion
- Banana, Apple, and Orange Muffins
- Quilt Size Reference Chart
- Creamy White, Pink, and Brown Puffy Baby Girl Blan...
- Terrifically Easy Turkey Meatball Sub
- January Book Club: The Casual Vacancy
- Bread-Maker Burger Buns
- Cherry Coca Cola Cupcakes
- Arroz Con Pollo
- Shrimp Pasta
- Boy's Blue Twin Size Military Camo Quilt
- Baked Chicken
- Roast Butternut Squash
- Easy Gravy
- Cornmeal Rolls
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Praline Sweet Potato Bake
- Blue Butterfly Baby Quilt
- Flat Pancakes
- Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad Sandwich
- Peach Puffed Pancake
- Favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Energy Bites
- ▼ January (32)