Monday, January 7, 2013

Praline Sweet Potato Bake

You can't really go wrong with a sweet potato.  They are fabulous.  But I have to say it is a toss up for my favorite way to eat them.  Sweet potato fries or this mouth watering, you might just eat the whole pan in one sitting casserole.  This is one of my husband's favorite recipes and I thank my mother-in-law for sharing her recipe!  It is a tradition for the holidays (especially Thanksgiving and Easter) as well as many other times throughout the year.


Praline Sweet Potato Bake
1 1/2 cups cold mashed sweet potato (about 3 medium sweet potatoes)
3 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp brown sugar (I used light brown sugar this time, but my favorite is dark brown sugar)
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp kosher salt

Topping
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp flour
1 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
3 Tbsp chopped pecans (scant 1/4 cup)

Preheat oven to 350 F.  In a mixing bowl beat the sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, and salt until fluffy.  Transfer to a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients until evenly incorporated.  Sprinkle on top of the sweet potatoes.

Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.  Serves 4.


Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...