Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Flat Pancakes

Ok, I know these aren't technically called "Flat Pancakes." You can call them Crepe's, Blintzes or whatever you like, but it is a flat pancake my boys ask for when they beg for them at breakfast time.  
 

Flat Pancakes

1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
heaping 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp melted butter or margarine
2 eggs, lightly beaten

To make the batter stir together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.  In a separate bowl mix the milk, honey, butter, and eggs.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir.  The batter will be runny.
 Heat a skillet (I usually do 2 at a time so I am not cooking all morning, practice on a couple and try it).  Spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the pan.  Cook for about a minute until the bottom is browned and there are little air bubbles over the surface.  Turn the flat pancake and cook about 20-30 seconds or so until that side is browned.  Transfer to a plate.



My boys love these sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.  I love them with cream cheese and homemade jam.  My husband loves them with fresh fruit and whipped cream.  Nutella and powdered sugar are also great.

Enjoy.  This serves my family of 4 with no leftovers.

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...